Thursday, April 21, 2011

Helicopter pilots bring people to Jesus!

This was sent to me by a former comrade in arms, former USMC H-34 helicopter pilot Clayton Canfield:

A priest dies and is waiting in line at the Pearly Gates. Ahead of him
is a guy who's dressed in sunglasses, a loud Hawaiian shirt, leather jacket, jeans and sandals.
Saint Peter addresses this cool guy, "Who are you, so that I may know
whether or not to admit you to the Kingdom of Heaven?"
The guy replies, "I'm Bear, retired United States Marine Corps
helicopter Pilot from Siloam Springs, Arkansas."
Saint Peter consults his list. He smiles and says to the Marine pilot,
"Take this silken robe and golden staff and enter the Kingdom." The
pilot goes into Heaven with his robe and staff.

Next, it's the priest's turn. He stands erect and proudly booms out,
"I am Father Bob, pastor of Saint Mary's parish for the last 43 years."
Saint Peter consult s his list and says to the priest, "Take this
cotton robe and wooden staff and enter the Kingdom."
"Just a minute," says the good father. "Are you telling me that the
guy just ahead of me, who was a Marine Helicopter pilot, gets a silken
robe and golden staff and I get only cotton and wood. How can this be?"
"Up here - we go by results," says Saint Peter.
"When you preached - people slept.

When he flew, people prayed."

1 comment:

  1. Good one. I remember Clay fm my last sqdn in country, HMM-362. Pls say hi for me. He & Ralph A. were good buds. Jim Schwartz, Rod Carlson & I made it to Ralph's funeral w/ the rest of the family at Arlington in Apr '00. See ya in Dayton on Wed nite. Dave V.

    ReplyDelete