Wednesday, April 20, 2011


Here I am handing the check for the final payment for Charlie to Carson to deliver to Tim Adamson of Nash Creek Companies, the seller of the H-34. At first I had been a little wary of dealing with a used aircraft salesman.  Were used aircraft salesmen like used car salesmen, I wondered?  Would I ever really get the helicopter delivered?  It turns out Tim is a man of the highest integrity. If anybody has a need for used aircraft or parts, call Tim 678-472-4633.  Carson was a wonderful, helpful  fellow who I now consider a good friend. I take back everything I ever said about Navy jet jocks!  (Just kidding, I never said anything bad about them.  Anybody who can land a high speed fighter jet on a pitching, rolling aircraft carrier at night in a blinding storm is ALLright in my book!)

There is a great series of videos on youtube about Night bad-weather carrier landings on youtube.  just type in night carrier landings.  You will find your adrenaline flowing, and feel yourself squirming in your seat trying to get these guys aboard!
Here sits Charlie in  her new home, on her axels, safe and secure behind high cyclone fencing. 
later I added several "NO TRESSPASSING" signs. To the left is a spare tail pylon for spare sheet metal to do repairs. As one of the fellow said, "You can't have too much tail."  She is strapped to a plywood platform, which it turns out, was probably unnecessary, as Carson stayed over to help us install the axels and oleo struts. We have wheels and tires, thanks to Tim's generosity;  he stole some from another helicopter he had on his lot to give to us.  He says he enjoys helping veterans organization that do this sort of thing.  Looking back, I think he gave us a bargain price, considering it included delivery to Sandpoint from Everett, WA
Thanks TIM!


Charlie rests after a hard journey in the lot at Quality Collision Repair.  Isn't she beautiful?
Just a little sprucing up and paint, and she will look like new, I'm sure!
Anybody who wants to help in getting her together, call bill collier
208-597-0622
We especially need someone who knows about the wheels, tires and bearings for the running gear so we can roll her thru town on May 20.The "Lost in 50's" event is rapidly arriving.

No comments:

Post a Comment